Forgotten 1960s Chevrolet Muscle Cars – ULTRA-STEALTHY & RARE!!!

A revisit to the horsepower and muscle car wars of the 1960’s. Specifically, we’re going to look at obscure, rare and perhaps forgotten classic american muscle …

Muscle Cars

Comments

• How about the 68/69 Kingswood station wagon with the factory 425 horse 427 4 spd? I've seen a couple for sale over the last 25 or 30 years so that means they are out there.

Wild Bill May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • had a 62 with a 327

David Simmons May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • to our regret time is going too fast and we can't relish the every epoc a bit longer

Duck Dick May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • I have an L75 327ci in my “64” Corvette. All original , still have the original wheels & hubcaps .

Curtis Arpp May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • In 1967 and 1968. Our city and county police 🚔 cars were Chevy Biscaynes with 427. 390hp. Turbo 400s. 2 door post. Wicked Kool at a time when the civilians had even bigger motors than them. LMAO 🤣🤣🤣

charles ferebee May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • at0:14/9:40 Guess who she is…??? Elizabeth Montgomery from Bewitched… Yes she was in the Chevrolet commercials before she was recognized for movies and television shows… Here she is debuting the Chevy Biscayne later called … Impala….

Jeffrey Marchant May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Reality tv, and televised auctions have helped usher in wealthy buyers which has literally destroyed the classic car market for the average person looking to own one.
    In the last decade the prices of some of these cars has increased 1,2, 300% and even more.

Jeffrey B May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • No Corsair? 😝

Drew Freeman May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Great vid, thanks!
    The last paragraph should have ended with
    '…and dangerous as f*ck.'

Devo491 May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Not junk like to days cars.

Vicente Navejar May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • GM 🖕

Daniel J May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Hope bitcoin hits 150000 so I can shop for a z11

Pete K May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Way back a neighbor had a Chevy parked way out in yard . Think it may have been a Impala . I could not understand why The owner would not junk it . It just may have been a sleeper.

tony axeman May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • When I was in the USAF in '75 I picked up a '64 Chevy II SS… a barn find with no engine or tranny. Traded a friend out of his tire 350hp 327 and punched it .030. It was a learning curve… the oil pan, then the oil pump and pickup tube, then the clutch bell crank (it was not a Chevy II block). For a 20 yr old kid it was quite the project, but a barrel of fun once I got it on the road

Al Moody May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • My friend had an Impala with a 396 turbo Jet. That sucker would run and also run hot. If you turn it off it wouldn't start for about 15 or 20 min…lol

T P May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • DUH I JUST GOT A SS 350 MALABU FOR GRAD! 72

Wxsa Wxsa May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • This was GREAT! I loved the "E-ticket" reference. This was a great trip down memory lane. Thank you!

Russell Jackman May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • GM made all the legendary cars, the only exception was the mustang and maybe the galaxy 500.

Steven Hunt May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • The 66 Chevy II, was available with a 396 with at least 325 HP.

Rick May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • What about the real rare 68 Impala that had a 396, 425 HP?

Rick May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • My 68 GTO 400 with 350 HP, went from 0 to 60 in 6 seconds.

Rick May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • The 1962 Impala, not an SS, had a 409 with 2- 4 barrel carbs, 4 speed, positraction and 409 HP. My brother had one. it turned the quarter in the 13's seconds with the old bias-ply tires..

Rick May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • the 64 GTO with the tri power, went from 0 to 60 MPH in 4.7 seconds

Rick May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • My college roommate had an impala with a 327

Alan Johnson May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Very cool, really enjoyed!! 👌👌👌

THROTTLE POWER May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • I owned a 1966 Impala SS with the L79 option and it was extremely under rated at 350 HP.

Bob Biker May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Nice vid. Interesting, informative, and no flash or pomp needed.( Plus, I'm a chevy guy) Good job, I'll be checking out more of your content. If like those are similar to this, you'll have another subscriber.

Myke Lengieza May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Geese when I think about how many people that must have wrapped themselves around poles in these old sleeper monsters, it makes me cringe.
    Still love to have one though.

SuperSix Delta May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Sweet❣
    Thanks A Bunch
    ✌❤😇

Douglas Linnell May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Gorgeous cars

scott harris May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • Every one of those cars would scare the bejeezus out of you when it came time to stop. They probably should've mandated a parachute and there would be more of them still around.

ghogue61 May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • good to see Real Cars for a change. Factry.

steve cr May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • @Whoop!

john beach May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • In 1969 I had a 1966 Nova SS with the bad-boy L79. Blindingly fast. Just one of the many muscle cars I had over the ensuing decades.

Christopher Franklin May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • As a teenager in the early 70s, you could get any of these cars for next to nothing, you could buy a used Chevelle for $150 to $500 with a small block and the big blocks went for $500 to $1,000, tore up a lot of these cars back then, although we sure had a lot of fun

double K May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • They had all those options using paper orders and IBM punch cards…. Today the average persons phone has more computing power then all the big 3 combined back then,,,,,,, yet 90% of new cars (American) you get one engine choice and 70% of cars one transmission choice …shocking they have lost a 45% market share since then.

eric wsmith May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • A FACTORY L79 65 CHEVELLE friggin 4 DOOR Sedan! I would've said "BS, NO WAY was EVER SUCH produced" until seeing THIS video… I know a guy who just restored a real deal black on red 65 L79 El Camino loaded as well. Soooo killer! 😎

Jim Concannon May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply
  • (CAUTION: Started off simple but got carried away. '67 Corvette Tri-Power for sale, maybe, towards the end. Spur of the moment kind of thing. 67yrs old next month. 32nd surgery this month and even tho I'm still a military contractor I'm just tired. Ever get that way?)
    Well, it's April 1, 2021 and glad to see folks still interested in these old muscle cars. At almost 67 years old I was right at too young to be able to buy or drive most true muscle cars but used to use my lawn mowing money on Hot Rod and model cars. Would sneak out my bedroom window to walk down to the local street drag strip next to a for real drive in movie spot right behind a real drive in eatery. Still have my first car, 66 Mustang. A no frills 289 coupe. It was buy it, $450 and have some money left over for first year of college or a 1970 Z-28, $2200 and very little extra money. Wudn't have mattered because the Z28 would have killed me.
    My Pro Street '64 Corvette is up on blocks. Fresh 427 with 671 Dyer's supercharger but thinkin bout selling wife's '67 Corvette, 427/435 black coupe. One of 32 in that combination. Not matching numbers but warranty replacement block. I put the Tri-Powe set up back on it and carbs are not date coded. Added aluminum heads just because and factory looking A/C. Some early mods but naturally can be unmoded. Mild fender flairs for runnin 8" rally wheels and those damn molded in headlights. Have an original '67 frontend but a tornado dropped a metal building on it. Could still use the headlight section.
    Why mention it on here and not on a "cars for sale" site? Not sure. We own a small trader type magazine but just hit me to mention it in comments of a video about old Chevy muscle cars. May sell everything. '66 Mustang conv., V-8, Pony interior and power top, '98 Corvette coupe, 6spd, '06 Corvette conv. Power top. Automatic. Runs way stronger than it should. Someone has been in the computer or engine or both. '01 Plymouth Prowler. Yeah, I know, kinda bought it by accident. Don't scratch your ear at an auction. Couple Harleys, 1980 Honda CBX 6 cylinder that I bought new. Bout 25k miles. No modifications. In SE Tennessee. Got some other stuff but already wrote a friggin novel. PTSD and me.

Accelerator Magazine May 2, 2021 5:31 pm Reply